5 Ways Sex Helps You Lose Weight -- and Keep It Off: Don’t have the time to hit the gym? Does running on a treadmill seem too much? Well, what if we told you that you could lose weight while experiencing maximum pleasure? Oh Yes, having sex can help you burn a lot of calories and how! It's all about making the most of the sex position you choose. Get involved in some sweaty sex with your partner and try these sex positions that help you lose weight. Losing weight just got so much easier, right?
1. Sex blasts calories. Instead of burning a measly 70 calories per hour lying in bed together watching Netflix, invest in some highly enjoyable exercise. A mere 25 minutes of sex -- we're figuring 10 minutes of foreplay Throw in some couples toys, 15 minutes for the main event -- burns about 88 calories if you're a 60kg woman, 106 calories for a 80kg guy. That's the same energy you'd expend doing a light workout on a rowing machine or stationary bike, how awesome is that?. Trying out a fun new position that feels like an adults-only game of Twister will boost the burn rate a little. And going for a second round will, too. Arriving at the Big O gets your heart pounding as much as running up a tall flight of stairs.
2. Sex curbs carb and fat cravings. Regular sex can help keep levels of cortisol, the high-anxiety hormone, in check. That's good though, because too much cortisol boosts your appetite for high-fat, high-carb goodies and tells your body to store the extra calories around your midsection. A bit of sexy time in the hay short-circuits cortisol's ill effects. Turns out sex dampens your body's "fight or flight" response to tension-provoking events. Sexy Time, specifically, also calms down your blood pressure, even when everything around you is going crazy. You remain serene instead of being possessed by an unstoppable craving for Junk food. This stress buffer can translate into a slimmer waist.
Wondering exactly how researchers measured the effect of sex on stress?
3. Sex can double your fat loss. How? By helping you sleep like a baby. Skimping on sleep -- whether you're catching up on work or just tossing and turning -- undercuts your body's ability to shed fat, even if you're dieting! Indulging in some one-on-one pleasure before you say goodnight also releases oxytocin, the spooning hormone that helps regulate slumber, too. Even a nice big cuddly hug can nudge levels of this helpful hormone upward. That's great news for weight loss, because getting enough sleep can sharply increase the amount of fat you lose while dieting, according to one government study.
4. Sex can keep your diet on track. How? By improving your body image. Getting a self-esteem boost is one often-overlooked reason people have sex, when low selfesteem comes along, ones sexuality libido is non existent, so the more you have sex the better, for you and your partner. What better proof of how appealing you are than an appreciative lover and a mutually satisfying bang!
And the rewards keep coming. Not only does sex improve your body image, but a better body image improves your sex life, too. Women who like themselves physically dive into more and better sex, regardless of the number on the scale. And when you do that, your appreciation for your body may spill over into healthier eating habits and a stronger commitment to exercise. Just remember, you don't need Kim'Ks curves or Matthew McConaughey's killer abs to feel good about the way you look, with clothes or without. Focus on how good you and your partner can make each other feel and you might be surprised at how much healthier you start looking.
5. Good sex can make you slimmer and keep you that way. Already lost a few kilograms? You may have noticed an accrual in sexual pleasure. Even modest weight loss can boost a guy's testosterone levels and reverse some erectile dysfunction, yes you heard right!. For women, trimming excess weight can enhance Libido arousal, orgasms, and overall satisfaction. How can this keep you slim and trim? You have probably already heard (or know from experience) that maintaining a new, healthier weight is tougher than losing the kilos in the first place. If you keep this big but rarely noted bedroom benefit in mind the next time you're tempted to scratch your morning walk or run or order that Junk food burger or ice cream with double cream, you'll not only keep on fitting into those skinny jeans, you'll also have even more fun when you take them off.
So there you have it